Helping Control the Spread of HIV and Other Viruses
Please join us for this important FORCE Webinar as John Reisky de Dubnic, Chairman, and Björn Petersson, CFO of Cavidi, a leading HIV/AIDS testing company, talks about lessons from the HIV/AIDS pandemic and how that information can help fight COVID-19.
Date & Time:
24 June, 1:00 PM GMT / 9:00 AM EDT
Webinar: Details provided upon RSVP approval
About the Event:
In the fight to control COVID-19, one weapon is critical: information. There is no faster, more convenient, and more accurate way to get information about the disease than the fully-automated ZIVA™ Analyzer from Cavidi.
Cavidi has been leading the charge in the AIDS pandemic by providing accurate viral load testing of patients around the world. The company has adapted their technology to identify not just the presence of COVID-19 antibodies, but also the quantity and type of antibodies present which is critical to determining whether or not a subject has developed an immunity to the virus.
The ZIVA Analyzer is a multi-assay platform and has a number of advantages to help health professionals and policy-makers manage COVID-19:
- The bench top design and automated operation mean it can be used by anyone anywhere
- Training takes just 20 minutes
- The test can detect active COVID-19 infection as well as identify previously infected individuals
- With load and walkaway capability, each ZIVA Analyzer can batch run up to 90 tests in two hours or less
- Ideal for regular testing of healthcare and other frontline workers in critical industries
- ZIVA can detect presence of IgM and IgG antibodies
- Testing can be done from the safety of your own home
- The test can be used to screen for immunity and help determine optimal vaccine deployment
- Cavidi anticipates completing 20 million of the 4 billion tests to be conducted in the coming year
- The test can easily be updated as new strains of coronavirus appear in the coming years
Cavidi is in the final stages of development and will have the ZIVA Analyzer ready to deploy in Q3 2020 for help with COVID-19. The company is already in discussions with governments, hospital systems, and private testing facilities – all of which can benefit from this technology.
All statements and expressions are the sole opinion of the company and are subject to change without notice. The Company is not liable for any investment decisions by its readers or subscribers. It is strongly recommended that any purchase or sale decision be discussed with a financial advisor, or a broker-dealer, or a member of any financial regulatory bodies. The information contained herein has been provided as an information service only. The accuracy or completeness of the information is not warranted and is only as reliable as the sources from which it was obtained. Investors are cautioned that they may lose all or a portion of their investment in this or any other company. Information contained herein contains “forward looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, goals, assumptions or future events or performance are not statements of historical facts and may be “forward looking statements”. Forward looking statements are based on expectations, estimates and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated. Forward looking statements may be identified through the use of words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates”, “estimates”, “believes”, or by statements indicating certain actions “may”, “could”, “should” or “might” occur.